I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.—Psalm 119:11
Fighter Verses are short passages of Scripture selected to equip the believer in the fight of faith. Memorizing Scripture together adds accountability and encouragement.
Where to Find the Weekly Fighter Verse
- at fighterverses.com
- in the church bulletin
- Download the iPhone or Android apps.
Why Memorize the Bible?
Memorization works on our hearts to cultivate Christ-like character, it helps us to resist temptation, and it enhances our prayer and worship. Here are a few more reasons—straight from Scripture. Memorizing …
- Is one of the most effective ways to “meditate” on the Word of God “day and night” (Joshua 1:8).
- Helps us treasure God’s Word in our hearts that we might not sin against the him (Psalm 119:11).
- Allows us to meditate on the Lord in the “night watches” (Psalm 63:6) so that we can regard all his ways (Psalm 119:15).
- Helps us in evangelism making the Word of truth readily available to build our own and others’ faith—since “faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God” (Romans 10:17).